A look at this week’s SBC Symposium and some news about animal care from ERLC and LifeWay Research.
- NAMB: New NAMB logo announced — http://bit.ly/1QPq6yl
- Executive Committee: 1% CP Challenge met by 4,422 churches — http://bit.ly/1QPqcpy
- Baptist Press: Hendricks named director of BP operations — http://bit.ly/1QPqgWm
- LifeWay Research: Study addresses pastors’ views on animal welfare — http://bit.ly/1QPqq03
- NOBTS: Baptist leaders gather to defend religious liberty at New Orleans event — http://bit.ly/1QPqDAh
- Watch the Live Stream Replay — http://bit.ly/sbc21mbts
- Dr. Ronnie Floyd’s “Six Questions”
- When conversing about this subject, is the real question what is best for the entire Southern Baptist Convention and its future together, or is the real question what is best for the advancement of the gospel through our Southern Baptist Convention and its ministries?
- Do we exist to preserve our present brand, structure, and systems, or do we exist to advance the gospel together regionally, statewide, nationally, and internationally?
- For the sake of gospel advancement, should the International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board become one mission board, the Global Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention?
- Do state conventions and associations have a future in Southern Baptist life?
- How will we finance our work together in the future in the most effective way?
- Is there anything new we need to create for today and for the future that will help our churches in their mission of going, baptizing, and making disciples of all the nations?
This Week in SBC History
Lottie Moon Letters on Missionary Smoking:
Resources of the Week
- Amy: http://archives.imb.org/Information.asp • http://www.sbhla.org/
- Jonathan: ERLC Bulletin Inserts – Global Hunger Sunday (Oct. 11) http://bit.ly/1QPrMYw